Tile of Spain, the international brand representing 125 ceramic tile manufacturers belonging to the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association (ASCER), announces an open call for the 15th Tile of Spain Awards competition. The awards honor international excellence in projects with Spanish ceramic tile in three categories: Architecture, Interior Design and Degree Project in Architecture.
A jury of recognized international architecture and design professionals will judge the awards. Presiding over the 15th edition panel of jurors is Portuguese architect Gonçalo Byrne, winner of numerous accolades, including the Gold Medal of the French Academy of Architecture and Rome’s Piranesi Award. The jury includes:
- Elisa Valero – professor at the Granada School of Architecture
- Iñaqui Carnicero – visiting lecturer at Cornell University and organizer of the Spanish Pavilion exhibition at the XV Venice Biennale
- Nani Marquina – a highly-acclaimed designer and President of the Professional Design Association
- Nuno Brandão Costa – an outstanding Portuguese architect who has collaborated with a large number of exhibitions and events including the Venice Biennale
- Ramón Monfort – founding member of the Ceramic Design Centre, chairman of the Castellón Architects Professional Association and Dean of Valencia’s Official Professional Architects Association
- Ricardo Sánchez Lampreave – a lecturer at various architecture schools and universities, organizer of a number of exhibitions and a highly prolific editor of architectural journals.