Spanish Products at NeoCon 2010
Ceramica Elias offers a variety of products manufactured through both handmade practices and contemporary innovation. The various grades of roughness and flamed surface differ in each tile, enabling Elias to create beautiful, warm atmospheres for both interiors and exteriors. The Proven?a Series appears as an aged, worn product with a very rustic appearance. Available in three colors to evoke the look of traditional terracotta fired in moruno kilns, where products were partly burnt, under-fired and well-fired, depending on kiln conditions.
Natucer earned the Alfa De Plato Award for its new architectural collection LifeArq, innovative wall solutions for architecture and urban environments. A study of light and space resulted in four classes of ceramic, each with a specific characteristic and function designed to satisfy the needs of the construction and design markets for an active and dynamic society. They include:
- Bamboo, narrow porcelain columns in a variety of colors that when grouped together create a sunshade or can be used for architectural solutions. Colors include Frost, Dark, Crimson, Yolk and Gem. Format is 3.1” diameter x 11.5” and 3.1” diameter x 2.8”.
- Ivy – In a 2.2” x 7.1” format, these special pieces can be stacked using an internal steel support structure to create a partially shaded wall or even an outdoor enclosure.
- Scale – Offers a ceramic siding alternative with gently overlapping edges in format 13.8” x 3.9” in colors Frost, Lead, Grizzly and Dark.
- Channel – Offers another exterior façade application but with more angular approach. Formats include 2.5” x 14.2”, 3.5” x 14.2” and 4.5” x 14.2”.
Roca Ceramica also showed Pret-A-Porter, an innovative and exclusive system for dry laying floor tiles. Characterized by the absence of grout and mortar, the product has a polymer base laminated to the ceramic tile. The base includes a soft joint that seals every tile without the need for grouting, and a rubber membrane attached to the base that provides anti-skid benefits.
With no mortar or grout, Pret-A-Porter flooring can be used immediately after laying. Offering the utmost versatility, Pret-A-Porter is ideal for both residential and commercial use in shops, hotel or apartment building lobbies as well as temporary architectural applications like showrooms, runways, or exhibitions. It’s also optimal for radiant floors and facilities that may require frequent maintenance as all tiles may be removed individually as needed.
Inalco showed the Sensations Collection, the result of a joint venture between Inalco and architecture studio Bunch, S.L. headed by Sara de la Mata. This collection offers an alternative vision of environmental materials in their purest state. Included in this collection are:
- Art Clay –Art Clay brings the innovation of ceramic tiles within the sphere of art. The surface reproduces an oil-painted canvas and with a clever combination of colors, textures and contrasts, transmit the sensations traditionally associated with works of art.
- Concrete – Produced using IPlus Digital Technology, this series presents an updated, contemporary reinterpretation of concrete. Available in a 23.6” x 23.6” format and natural tones as well as the expected white and grey of concrete.
- Wood – A SlimmKer product that emulates rough, single tone distressed wood. Features two embossed tiles that can be mixed and matched in 23.6” x 47.2”, 11.8” x 47.2”, 7.9 x 47.2”, and 4.3” x x 47.2” formats and white, pearl, khaki and black tones.
TAU Group’s subsidiary Porcelanatto, recently announced a partnership with prestigious international designer Karim Rashid in an line called NO-Stalgia. Rashid’s portfolio includes some of the most avant-garde projects in the world’s leading hotels, restaurants, public spaces, commercial and residential complexes. The four collections are created in a 23.6” x 23.6” format and four colors each. Using sinuously geometric forms and intricate lines to create impressive optical effects, they showcase a pioneering design concept in the international ceramic sector. The collections include Sensory (Grey, Nude, Pink, Blue), Poetic (Blue, Aura, Pink, Midnight), Emotion (Fire Orange, Grey, Lime, Carbon) and Desire (Violet, Jet, Grey, Lime).