This year marks 26 years of Spanish innovation at COVERINGS, The Ultimate Stone and Tile Experience. Tile of Spain, the international brand representing 125 ceramic tile manufacturers belonging to the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association (ASCER), once again served as a show sponsor.
Held April 29th to May 2nd at the World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, COVERINGS featured 43 Spanish ceramic tile and stone manufacturers. Visitors to the Spanish Pavilion were able to see first-hand the advanced ceramic tile technology, breathtaking design choices and diverse architectural solutions that make Spanish ceramic “distinctively unique.”
Highlights of the show included:
APAVISA displayed the new Vintage collection, a distinctly contemporary collection capturing the charm of a bygone era, produced by hand using the finest materials. The Archconcept series, with its three-dimensional attributes and textures, reinterprets the style, elegance and sophistication of porcelain. The Anarchy series, which offers an edgy and intense look, was also on display.
- GRESPANIA showcased the marble looks of Numancia and Icaria porcelain floor tiles in 60x60cm and 30x60cm sizes. Java, Daino and Nepal wall tiles were introduced as well.
- KERABEN highlighted their Maderia series, part of the Keraben Home Collection. Inspired by natural elements, Madeira tile has the appearance and touch of natural wood thanks to its gently rippled surface.
- Copper, Crosscut and Pietra Roma series were the highlights of the LA PLATERA booth. Created with digital technology, these tiles closely imitate the look of stone. The Incanto line, which combines 12 different graphics of stone, concrete, wood and marble was also displayed.
- LEVANTINA featured the Techlam series of ceramic tile. 3mm thick, lightweight and available in large panels up to 1000x3000mm, Techlam is versatile in terms of its size, color, ability to be used with other materials, technical properties of durability and flexibility of installation. Techlam Helios and Vulcano collections, as well as Arabescato, the newest color in the Techlam Natura Collection were displayed. A cladding system made with Techlam Basic Black, a ventilated facade, was a point of interest for architects.
- ONIX presented FuseGlass 1″x1″ mosaic tile made of a combination of textures and effects; iridescent metallic with a unique texture. Small mirror tiles in the series provide a strong chromatic depth. All of ONIX’s new collections are made of 98% recycled glass.
- Thule series inkjet wall and floor red body tiles, and Reef series porcelain tiles available in six colors and three different sizes were the talk of the PAMESA booth.
- The uniqueness of the Tarima and Sande 20.5×61.2cm series by STN attracted attention with their wood and marble looks. Hexagon, Orion and Planet wall tile series, each with different surfaces, provided ceramic inspiration. The Dalla 25x50cm series with a wood inspired design was also a success.
Environmentally friendly booth design
New this year, the Spanish Pavilion booth was made of 100% recycled cardboard and organic dyes. Made by the company ECOWALL, it was created with modular cardboard pieces joined together by small connectors. The use of ECOWALL reduced the costs of transportation, building, storage and is environmentally friendly.
Introducing the Quick Ship Collection
Tile of Spain introduced their Quick Ship Collection – a select group of products from Tile of Spain manufacturers that are in stock and available for immediate purchase in the U.S. The designs in this collection allow architects and designers to live the color, feel the texture, embrace the technology, and specify Spanish ceramic today. All products in the Quick Ship Collection are available for use on the job within 4 – 8 weeks. To view the catalog, visit www.tileofspainusa.com/quickship.
Visitors to COVERINGS were able to see a new look and logo for Tile of Spain. The first redesign since the mid 1980s, the new logo has an unmistakable Spanish flair that fits perfectly with the creativity, innovation and quality of Spanish ceramic wall and floor tiles. It embodies Tile of Spain’s future evolution, where the increasing internationalization of products “Made in Spain” looks to play a major role. Today, “Tile of Spain” is a registered trademark in more than 20 countries, including major export markets as well as emerging countries.
Sponsors of the booth
ASCER, the Professional Association of Ceramic Tile Manufacturers from Spain, and ICEX Spain Trade and Investment, organized the 2013 Spanish Pavilion.
All images are available for download via the Coverings 2013 Inspiration Gallery. Please credit all images to Tile of Spain and the specific tile manufacturer.
About Tile of Spain
In Spain, tile makers labor as they have for centuries – pushing their passion for design and innovation to new levels of artisanship. With one of the purest and strongest domestic clays available, Spanish manufacturers have an unparalleled ability to make the end product more diverse. From rustic handmade forms; to technical facades that cool buildings and clean the air; to the impossibly slim, sustainable recycled and ink jet masterpieces that fire the imagination. The Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association (ASCER) is the private organization whose primary objective is to support Spain’s ceramic tile manufacturers and the industry as a whole by stewarding and promoting the Tile of Spain brand worldwide. A strong global leader, the ceramic tile industry of Spain comprises 125 manufacturers concentrated primarily in the province of Castellón. For more about tile produced in Spain, contact Tile of Spain Center at the Trade Commission of Spain, 2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 1114, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Call 305-446-4387 or visit www.tileofspainusa.com.