Valencia, Spain – In a collaborative effort by Tile of Spain, Spanish manufacturer Inalco and Hastings Tile & Bath, ceramic tile consultant Patti Fasan will lead two AIA CEU programs discussing industry, art and architecture on April 21, 2010. Fasan, Tile of Spain’s ceramic tile consultant (CTC) and industry veteran, will deliver two sessions on this date, both of which are eligible for AIA CEU credits.
Industry, Art & Architecture
Advanced manufacturing technologies have literally changed the face of ceramic tile. Slim format tile, glaze nanotechnologies, third generation porcelain tile and digital print techniques are solutions every design professional should know about. Fasan will conduct a passionate tour of this technical and stylistic revolution, global trends and the sustainable stewardship that has emerged in the world of ceramic tile over the past decade. Join us for two dynamic presentations in this series:
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Utilize major advances in tile production to enhance aesthetic and functional value of the project.
- Identify the four tile types and classify each according to their specific and best area of use.
- Select tile characteristics to maximize performance in the anticipated environment.
- Formulate a reliable ceramic tile graph to integrate in the client interview process.
- AIA – HSW & SD LUs
- Appraise the opportunity inherent in ceramic tile which enhances sustainable design principles.
- Identify advanced tile technologies to achieve superior performance based specifications.
- List four tile characteristics that reduce indoor air pollutants and enhance the health of the occupant.
- Select at least five specification innovations to reduce construction waste.